Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Point of Retreat - Collen Hoover

Title : Point of Retreat
Author : Colleen Hoover
Series : Slammed
Publisher : CreateSpace
Published on February 25th, 2012
Review :

Short review :
totally unexpected, love the poems, Julia's stars made me cry, and it's okay to cry, even for men.

Full review :
Point of retreat is the second book of Slammed series. Unlike the first book in which Will was in dilemma whether to date Lake or not since they were teacher and student back then, this time they are officially together. 

"This girl is the rest of my life." I just love Will. Point of Retreat is based on Will's POV so reading through his mind gives me a perfect example of what a man could possibly thinking about his girlfriend. Being in Will or Lake's positions will never be easy. Both of them had to lose their parents at such young ages, and like it or not, the first priorities aren't to reach their dreams anymore, but to replace their parents' positions to raise and protect their brothers. 

Things go quite smoothly between Lake and Will. They're in love and supporting each other. Kel and Caulder are doing fine as well as Eddie and Gavin. But when they decided to go to the higher level of their relationship, Will's ex Vaughn showed up. Will Lake be just fine with that? and does Will still love her after what she had done to him in the past?
"If I left my head out of it and just followed my heart, I'd marry her today."
There are new characters, Sherry and Kiersten. They are mom and daughter who just moved in to Will's neighborhood. I love Kiersten truthfully. At first she was a bit annoying but she is so mature at her young age in comparison to Kel and Caulder, so I forgave her and started to like her instead. Not to mention that she's so brave for speaking out against those who bullied her. 

"Sometimes things happen in life that you didn't plan for. All you can do now is suck it up and start mapping out a new plan" , here it comes from the thirteen years old girl, Kiersten.

Another quote that I love is from Will grandmother's. It's actually an advice, so you guys better follow it :
A guy can tell a girl he's in love with her until he's blue in the face. Words don't mean anything to a woman when her head's full of doubt. You have to show her."

Is that ring the bell for you guys? When you love someone, instead of just telling them how much you love them, you need to show, express, and make sure they know it.

Last but not least, let me share to you one of my favorite poems,,,

If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. 
But I would leave that window shut and locked, 
so that every time you tried to look trough it,
all you would see is your own reflection.
You would see that my soul
is a reflection of you. . .

Rating : 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment