Sunday, September 15, 2013

Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L.Armentrout



Title : Origin
Series : Lux Series
Author : Jennifer L.Armentrout
Publisher : Entangled Publishing
Published on : August 27th 2013


"I'll burn the world down to save her."
Short review : 
I have no complaints. The story is so mind-blowing, jaw-dropping and freaking fantastic!

Full review : 
(let me bring you to my own story first)  
It's been a long time since the last time I wrote reviews on my blog. It feels like forever already! Nothing is more sad than can't read or buy books and write reviews afterwards. But back in few months ago, I had my first real job and it takes my full attention to adapt to my new working environment. I keep questioning myself, when is the right time to read again? It's as if I was lost in the dark hole of 'put your job first before your favorite guilty pleasure" which is reading. But then I realized, I was so stupid. There is no right time to read or do things you like, it's just now or never. 

Just when I had this thought, one of my favorite author Jennifer L.Armentrout published the fourth book of Lux Series, Origin. I've waited this book like forever and it really worth the wait! The ending of Opal (3rd book) was totally unexpected. PS. Just ignore this review if you haven't read Opal. And Origin is the answer of my curiosity. I'm happy for Dawson since he got Beth back but things feel so unreal for Daemon and Katy.

Since Obsidian, I have known that Katy wasn't a weak girl. She definitely can kick some asses. Seeing her surrounded by Daedalus and locked in remote area, somehow I know that she will do everything just fine. My brave girl Katy is not helpless at all. There are so much more to reveal from Daedalus sides. And questions that I had in mind are answered in Origin. The story itself explained the meaning of the title. And it's totally unexpected.

Katy was asked to believe that Daedalus aren't the bad persons, that they only want to protect the rights and welfare of human from the aliens. Will Katy truly believe that? 

Due to the dual point of view, we can know what both main characters were thinking, which makes me love Daemon even more. Daemon is just Daemon. I can't imagine him being someone else. He is arrogant, cocky, yet sweet, witty and romantic. As time goes by, his relationship with Katy gets stronger and stronger. The love that they have for each other is unconditional and enduring which is the sweetest thing on earth. They said two is better than one. And I guess it's right. They are perfect together. 
"I promise you that this isn't going to be our future, Kitten. I will give that to you - a normal life. Her eyes glistened. I don't expect a normal life. I just expect a life with you."
Besides the fact that I love Jennifer L .Armentrout so much for always writing such great books, I love her for her fondness for watching zombie movies. Whoever loves watching zombie movies is my sister. Last year I found out that Jennifer was so into The Walking Dead just like me.So I feel more connected with her than ever. I absolutely excited and can't wait to read the next book! Kisses and hugs for Daemon and Katy! Hope you guys have a happy ending! <3


Rating : 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment