Monday, May 25, 2015

White Hot Kiss (The Dark Element #1) - Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title : White Hot Kiss (The Dark Element #1)
Series : The Dark Element Series
Author : Jennifer L Armentrout
Synopsis : White Hot Kiss
Read : Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Element #0.5)
Review :
“That’s the funny thing about denial. It makes for a really bad weapon. You can say you’re not attracted to me all you want and maybe you don’t even know it yet, but I know differently.”
This book had caught my intention long before it released. Why? Because Jennifer L Armentrout is the one behind this and I have no doubt at all that this book will be as good as Lux series. I think everything that comes from her hand will turn out into a masterpiece. Yes, she is that good. Never doubt it. I’ve read the novella, Bitter Sweet Love and got a sneak peak for White Hot Kiss Chapter 1. I just can’t tell how much I like it. I’ve itched to read this book and was immediately engaged with it, so it really worth the wait.

Reading the novella first gave me a better explanation of everything, such as what is warden, why they are enemies with demon, etc. The novella's review is up below, you just need to click the link. 
White Hot Kiss is the story about Layla, who is half Warden and half Demon. She was born and raised by Abott, the clan of Warden. If you think it is kind of awesome, no it is not. Being half Warden and half Demon doesn’t make her a kick ass Warden like the others. In fact, she is just like another human with the benefits of being able to tag demons which advantageous for the Warden. Unfortunately, one kiss of her will kiss a soul, including Zayne’s, the one she has a crush on.

Most people will avoid Layla and just a few who cares about her. Well who doesn’t scare of her when she could kill a soul with only one kiss. The fact that she is a half-demon had already tensed them.She turns seventeen and all of a sudden every demon is looking for her. Everyone including Roth, and Upper Level Demon who has so much interest with her. 

I’m on Roth team for sure. Zayne is incredibly sweet and kind but he is nothing like Roth, the cocky and smart-ass guy. I like guys who are straightforward when it comes to theirs feelings, so seeing how Zayne keeps her feelings all by himself, I wanted to kick him so bad. Whereas, Roth is all the opposite.Both Layla and Roth have similarities that made Layla trusted him more than anyone she has known for her entire life, including Zayne.

This book deserves a big fat five stars. What I love about Jennifer is that, she always creates strong heroines who don’t give up on anything easily. Although Layla’s ability is limited, she never once thought to surrender.also kinda have a love and hate relationship with the idea of love triangle. I like it when two persons try to fight for one girl. But I hate it because eventually someone has to get hurt. 

Anyways, I still like the book though. It's a big fat five stars.

Book 2 : Stone Cold Touch

No comments:

Post a Comment