Monday, March 10, 2014

Take A Chance (Chance #1) - Abbi Glines


Title : Take A Chance
Series : Chance Series, part of Rosemary Beach series
Author : Abbi Glines
Published on February 25th, 2014
Synopsis :
Review :

"She had needed me. No one had ever needed me. It had made me weak."


Grant has always been my favorite out of Rush and Woods. There's something about him that I eager to know more. That's why I was so happy when I knew Abbi wrote him his own story. My friends had reminded me that Grant wasn't as good as I had thought. But I can't help it and kept reading. 

"I'm not a bad guy. Deep down you know that. I just made a very bad decision."

From his side story, I know that Grant has commitment issues. Okay I get that. Everyone is afraid of losing somebody, some even afraid to settle down. But as much as I tell myself that it was okay, yet at some point I won't deny the fact that Grant could be a jerk sometimes. I know that every man has physical needs but even Rush knew when to stop seeing one when he has fallen for Blaire. So why couldn’t Grant? He likes Harlow too much to hurt her but he keeps doing it without even trying to. Now I doubt myself if I could ever see Grant the same way as before. Everyone has reason for every action that they had taken, but Grant's is unacceptable. However, mistakes are made to be learned. I really hope Grant won't mess up again in the second book.

“It would be the hardest thing I’d ever have to face. Losing her would take my soul. But I can’t not love her for fear of losing her. What kind of life is that?  I wouldn’t know how amazing it feels to wake up with her in my arms. I wouldn’t get to enjoy watching her laugh and play with Nate. It’s worth it. Letting something like that stop you is letting fear control you. Don’t do that to yourself. Every moment I get with Blaire and Nate makes a life without them seem shallow and lonely.” - Rush

This story is about Grant but it involves everyone is Rosemary as well, including Rush and Blaire. I'm so happy that they have Nate with them now. Rush has changed so much since he met Blaire. And reading Take A Chance has made me realize how wise he has become as a person and a father. 

“If you think she could be the one then it’s time you take a chance. If I lost all that I have tomorrow, I wouldn’t regret one single minute. Ever. They’re what makes my life worth it.”

Nan is still a bitch and self-centered as always. There is no doubt about it. Although I hate Nan just like everyone hates her, but I’m quite curious about what she was thinking all the time. I hope Abbi could write her side story so we will know her feelings as well, that kid must be so lonely and she is channeling it in the wrong way. That’s why no one can stand her. I actually feel pity for her. 

Harlow and Nan are half sisters. Nan loathes Harlow to death for being the daughter that their father cherish and care. Whereas Harlow tries so hard to avoid Nan in order to keep peace around. I quite like the character of Harlow because she likes to read books just like me and Harlow seems to be so calm and shy. But to my surprise, as time goes by her character has developed into a lot more confident. It's very interesting to read though. 

Good thing is this story isn't predictable at all. Everyone has flaws including the guy I thought was perfect, Grant. In three words I can sum up everything : nobody is perfect

2 stars for Rush
1 star for Harlow
- 1 star for Grant, sorry buddy
1 star for Abbi.
Total is 3 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment