Thursday, April 26, 2012

Half Blood - Jennifer L.Armentrout

Title : Half Blood.
Series : Covenant #1
Author : Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date : October 18th 2011
Publisher : Spencer Hill Press
Synopsis : Half Blood (Covenant #1)
Review :
Half Blood is really good. Before I read this book, as usual, I read some reviews first. Surprisingly, some readers said the storyline was quite similiar with Vampire Academy. It made me even more curious about Half Blood. I've read Obsidian, a Lux series that written by Jennifer (read the review here : Obsidian) and Obsidian is one of the best book ever for me. You know you have read a good book when you can't put it down no matter how sleepy you are. That's exactly how I felt when I read Obsidian, Divergent, Vampire Academy,etc.

When I read the whole pages, I noticed similarities between HB and VA. But please,why can't we just love this book instead of looking at the bad side? :) Anyway, I don't want to write anything about the similarities, Jeez I couldn't even remember what they are coz I'm too busy loving this book :D :D

So here we begin, there are pure bloods and half bloods. Pure bloods needs to be protected by Sentinels who were trained to hunt and kill daimons. Sounds like they are boss and Sentinels are their servants,huh?

Um..Yes It's a bit like that. But it is not that bad actually, students at Covenant share the same subjects and they own the same right. Anyway, there are strict rules that Pure bloods and Half bloods can't date. If they are found dating, both sides will face death. Half bloods will be trained to be Sentinels, or they could be servants in the homes of the pures. Pure bloods have more options, but they can choose to be Sentinels if they want to.

Alex is a half blood. Three years ago she and her mother ran away from Covenant. Her mother was killed by daimons and drained to death. Aiden found her when daimons were about to eat her alive. When she was back to Covenant, she just knew one thing that she wanted revenge! She wanted to become Sentinel. Aiden then became her instructor. Yeah, you can imagine what will happen right? Aiden is a pure blood. So, although the feeling is mutual, but rules are rules.

"There is nothing wrong with hope,Alex." "But you have to know when to let hope go."

I like Alex but not that much. She is strong, but not so strong, she is smart, but not that smart. I hope to see her change in Pure (Covenant #2). On the other side, Aiden is just like Dimitri ( read : Vampire Academy) He is strong, patient, handsome and more importantly, his body is well built XD

Meanwhile, Seth is just another man in Alex's life. But Seth is really strong and he has godlike power. He could kill daimons without even touching them. Up till now, I'm on Team Aiden ^^v

There are words from Aiden to Alex that remind me to One Direction song 'What Makes You Beautiful'. lol.

"You're so beautiful. So brave, so full of life. You have no idea, do you?"
the lyric :
Baby you light up my world like nobody else. 
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed.
But when you smile at the ground it aint' hard to tell,
you don't know. Oh oh.
You don't know you're beautiful. Oh oh.
That's what makes you beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment